thomaidhapapa

MM Good Book Reviews - Thommie's Books

Rayne's Wild Ride - Jambrea Jo Jones Piper is a 22-year-old man, he’s gay, and he likes dressing in woman’s clothes. When he’s discovered by his father he suffers a violent scene and gets thrown out. In a moment of emotional instability, Piper decides to end his misery by jumping off of a bridge. A biker passing by sees him and in his attempt to stop him asks for a kiss. Piper has never had a kiss and can’t resist the temptation of having at least one before he ends his life.

Ray can’t believe the lighting that strokes him by this woman’s kiss. Such a passionate person should not be trying to end her life and he makes it up his mind to do his best to help her… or him, as it turns out the gorgeous woman is a man dressed up…a stunning one that is.

This is how the story starts and it follows the efforts of Piper finding himself and standing on his feet, accepting all that he is. On one side, his dysfunctional family with a violent father, a drunken mother, and an uncaring brother. On the other, there’s Ray, a big bear of a man who seems not only to have no problem with Piper’s kink, but finding him actually hot. And Ray’s family, of course, that is the exact opposite of his. They are caring, accepting, and giving.

Piper’s character was fairly emotional and confused. Although he is 22 years old, he’s very much innocent, being in the closet for so many years and having constant fear of his father in every corner. I would have loved this story to be a bit darker, a bit more real perhaps. It flows so light and that makes no justice for the protagonist’s background.

Ray, on the other hand, is the very essence of sunshine. He’s literally the incarnation of a guardian angel. He shows up, saves the helpless Piper and sticks by him as if they’d known each other for years. At least they make up with their intimate moments. They do look good together and the sexual scenes that follow are hot and cute at the same time.

All in all, this was a fairytale, a romance that had the Snow-white, the Prince, the “dwarfs” and the evil Witch. Not entirely my thing, but if you’re into romance with a smooth, flowing plot this is your book for you.