thomaidhapapa

MM Good Book Reviews - Thommie's Books

Burn - Scarlett Parrish Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This short story is all about a one-night stand and I absolutely loved it. It’s the first time I read anything coming from this author; I love her style, her voice and her humor. I spend the first half of the story laughing myself to tears with the witty dialogues between the two characters.

Austin has gone cruising in an effort to move on and stop pinning for his cheater ex-boyfriend. One thing or maybe two, get laid and no names. Period. The Scot he meets at the bar though is, well I just loved him. Witty, constantly making jokes, sometimes really bad jokes that suited his profile perfectly. He’s interesting and alluring and damn that nameless Brit had me engrossed in this story almost against my will.

So of course Austin is attracted; it’s almost like he’s in a spell. The takeoff together and a night unlike most one-night stands start. Thing is (and this is why I loved this author even more) that not everything goes smoothly. There is awkwardness and nerves spilling making this even more realistic, there are hot scenes that are not too much, nothing that makes you think of surreal fantasies taking place. It’s plain brilliant and I adored it; so very rare for a short story.

In this end this is the narration of a one-night stand that has the potential of growing into more and the main character has only to overcome his fears and inhibitions and just give it a go, all wrapped up and written with a very talented pen.

Totally recommended.