thomaidhapapa

MM Good Book Reviews - Thommie's Books

Save Your Love - Lex Valentine 2.5 hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This is a nice and sweet little short story, perhaps a bit too sweet for me.

Jay and Matt have been friends since they were eight years old, but it’s only on Jay’s birthday when he gets eighteen, that Matt makes a move. Jay has always had one love in his life, music, but that day he discovers he’s been wrong, because not only he feels the greatest happiness when Matt kisses him, he also feels complete. There is nothing he wants more than music and Matt.

This story follows Jay’s life, how he finds love, how he finds wholeness in his friendship with Matt, how he must be apart with his lover so that they can both follow their path in life, all the while saving their love for each other.

Their story is very sweet and angst free, there might be some bumps on their path but we don’t witness them. What made an impression in me was the frustration and jealousy I felt on Jay’s behalf during their “apart” time frame, when Jay had to tour with his band. It was quite strong and hit me unaware. But other than that this story flows almost like a dream with some hot scenes and two very devoted to their love men.

I recommend this to all romantics and fans of the everlasting love.

Thommie