thomaidhapapa

MM Good Book Reviews - Thommie's Books

Against Type - Heidi Champa 3.5 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

When the air cracks with tension and electricity, and you can barely stand the sight of the man in front of you, only two things can happen; Either you kill each other or you have one Hell of a steamy relationship coming your way.

A great read from Ms. Champa about two coworkers that hit it off the moment they meet. Things could be worse for Fletch and Adrien, the antagonism is horrendous, and every word they speak is a thinly veiled insult through sarcasm and irony.

It makes for a fast pace and a highly intense plot. The dialogues are witty and snarky and the characters convince you they despise each other, until thing reach maximum boiling point and it’s one or the other. Destroy each other or tumble in bed and get all that steam off.

Admittedly I love these kinds of scenes. The aggression between the pair was delicious; I inhaled it and couldn’t get enough of it. The chemistry was well worked upon and it was a simple wait and read through the plot to get there, which was not a hardship as the dialogues between the pair were charming and hilarious. I had a great time reading this.

For such a short work the plot was also surprisingly appealing. There was some depth in there with both characters and the storyline that I hadn’t anticipated. It was so smoothly written and slowly unveiled that gave the book a different quality, almost as if it was more than a novella. Quite impressive really! The slight irony though was the title and how I found some typos in there. Not enough to put me off, but enough to appreciate the hilarity of the fact. J

So, only thing left to be said is, if you’re into intense, hot and funny guys, then this is a book for you.

Thommie