thomaidhapapa

MM Good Book Reviews - Thommie's Books

Giving an Inch (The Professor's Rule #1) - Heidi Belleau, Amelia C. Gormley 4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

What an enticing story to start a series. Giving an Inch slowly lures you into its depths and gives you no chance to escape the addiction.

James is a character that I really don’t know what to make of him. He has long broke up with his “Professor”, his pushy, demanding professor Carson, but not because Carson’s demands and want-more, but because James himself couldn’t stop from giving whatever Carson put on the table and then some. Yet an accident put Carson back in his life when he accidently sends him a picture of his attire and Carson grabs the opportunity to get his lovely sub back.

Still demanding, still ordering him around into things that James feels humiliating, but this time James is different. The game might be Carson’s but James is putting down rules of his own. This time James wants more.

And this character right here is addictive. We get to see a slight side of Carson and I can’t wait to properly meet him in future installments. We get to meet Satish, the salesman that gets involved into Carson’s little game, and I really do hope to see more of him in the future. But the main character that made me want to grab the authors and shake the next story out of them is James. Lovely James; needy James; defiant James. He might have come as weak at some point but, oh my, he did grow some spine there and took what he wanted from this wonderful, brilliant play.

Enticing? That is quite an understatement.

A lovely short story, one of those that you don’t want to say much about the plot out of fear of spoiling the fun, Giving an Inch will most certainly win you with a great writing, wonderful protagonist, a promising plot and one very erotic and sexy scene. Strongly recommended.

Thommie